Atlanta Metropolitan State College
"One of the Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities of 2019" By MAE
Atlanta Metro is proud to offer post-secondary opportunities for military members.Offering six bachelor's and two associate's academic programs, as well as several program pathways, including certificates. Atlanta Metropolitan State College offers career options to meet the needs of military members. Classes are offered both online and on-campus, during the day, evening to accomodate the work and schedules of military members. Atlanta Metro understands the needs of adult learners and has designed academics accomodating those needs. Learn More
For more information contact:Ms. Kennedy Rutledge
Student Center, Building 800, room 213
Atlanta Metropolitan State College Veterans and Military Students
Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC) is committed to the academic success of our military students. The Office of Veterans Affairs, a unit of Student Affairs, plays a pivotal and dedicated role to providing educational and support service programs to U.S. military veterans, national guardsmen, reservists and their eligible family members and survivors who are enrolled at AMSC. In addition to certifying GI Bill? benefits, the Office of Veterans Affairs at AMSC also provides information from campus-related resources, links to local military support services and contacts for local VA facilities.
GI Bill Educational Benefits ProgramsThe following VA GI Bill? Educational Benefit programs are in place at Georgia Gwinnett College:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill/Chapter 33: must have active duty service on or after September 11, 2001. Benefit is based on service credits.
- Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 30: (active duty or veteran status) must have served in the United States Armed Forces and participated in the GI Bill program. In most instances, veterans must also have been honorably discharged.
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation/Chapter 31: (service-connected disabled veterans) must make application with local VA caseworker to have rehabilitation plan developed indicating an AMSC degree plan.
- Survivors and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program/ Chapter 35: (dependents and spouses of 100% disabled or deceased Veterans).
- Montgomery GI Bill/Chapter 1606: (selected guard and reserves) must have completed all initial entry training (IET) and are now assigned to a Reserve and/or a Georgia National Guard Unit. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers specific information for each chapter. @ https://va.gov